Contributors: Dr Janice Mackenzie – Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist and the Lead for Clinical Neuropsychology in Manchester for Greater Manchester Mental Health Trust. Janice is also a lead for mental capacity on the Intermediate Neuro-rehabilitation Unit, Trafford General Hospital.
Deborah Slater – Neuro Rehabilitation Case Manager for NHSE/I Specialised Commissioners. Debbie is an adult registered nurse and worked clinically at Trafford Intermediate Rehabilitation Unit for over 8 years as Neuro Rehabilitation Specialist Nurse.
Aims of the Session:
- Understand what a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) is and the different types
- Know how to assess someone’s mental capacity to make or revoke an LPA
- Understand the differences between an LPA, appointeeship and deputyship
- Understand what an Advance Decision is and what it means in practice
- Know who can make an Advance Decision and what it looks like
- Understand what an Advance Decision can be used for and if an Advance Decision can be used to refuse life sustaining treatment
- Understand what an Advance Decision cannot be use for
- The interactions between Advance Decision, Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) and a Court Appointed Deputy
- Understand what is an Advance Statement
Please use the below to register for the event. This event is now closed. For details to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those registered with a professional email address will be sent the link
Disclaimer: The Greater Manchester Neuro-Rehabilitation Network assumes no responsibility with regard to the correctness, accuracy, timeliness, applicability or completeness of the information contained within the webinar training