GMNRODN Spasticity Management Study Day – 14th January 2019, 9am-4:30pm
The Greater Manchester Neuro-Rehab Network will be holding a Spasticity Management Study Day on the 14th January 2019 to promote and facilitate effective MDT management of Hypertonia across the Greater Manchester region.
This training is open to clinicians from Greater Manchester Neuro-Rehabilitation and Stroke NHS services.
Guest Speaker: Tim Walton (BBTA Tutor)
- Presentation by Tim Walton on hypertonia pathophysiology, features and triggers
- Interactive case study presentation by Tim Walton on hypertonia management and clinical reasoning
- Interactive workshops with specialist clinicians on:
- Physical and postural management
- Splinting, casting and lycra
- 24hour management and the nurses role
- Pharmacological management
- The rehabilitation journey
- Introduction of the Greater Manchester Hypertonia Proforma
- Interactive group work involving case study discussion and the GM Hypertonia Proforma. (This will be targeted at delegates specific area of work i.e. acute, rehab or community
Due to limited availability on this course, registration does not automatically guarantee a place. Places will be optimised to ensure representation from each service. We will inform those who have been successful via email once the closing date has finished.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Registration for this event has now closed – successful delegates will be informed shortly.